President Biden's Defiant Stand: "I Won't Back Down"

In a high-stakes interview with ABC's George Stephanopoulos, President Joe Biden dismissed concerns about his candidacy following his poor performance in last week's debate. Despite shifting excuses and mounting worries from Democratic lawmakers, donors, and voters, Biden firmly stated he has no plans to drop out.

Biden attributed his debate performance to feeling ill, revealing he was "sick" and "feeling terrible" before the event. "It was a bad episode. No indication of any serious condition. I didn’t listen to my instincts in terms of preparing, and I had a bad night,” he explained, adding that he was tested for COVID-19 and other infections, which came back negative.

During the debate, Biden's condition was a point of speculation. Initially, the White House described it as a cold, but later admitted that he had seen a doctor and had a "verbal check-in" with his physician, Kevin O’Connor. Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre confirmed the president was not diagnosed with any serious illness.

Biden confessed he hadn't watched a replay of his debate performance, acknowledging, “It was nobody’s fault but mine.” He admitted being distracted by former President Trump, even when Trump's microphone was muted. “I was having a bad night when I realized that even when I was answering a question, even when they turned his mic off, he was still shouting. And I let it distract me. I’m not blaming it on that, but I realized that I just wasn’t in control.”

When asked about undergoing cognitive and neurological tests, Biden said no one had advised him to. “I get a full neurological test every day,” he joked, emphasizing the rigorous demands of his job and the constant presence of medical professionals.

Despite calls from some Democratic members of Congress and party leaders like Massachusetts Gov. Maura Healey to reconsider his candidacy, Biden remains confident. “If the Lord Almighty came down and said, ‘Joe, get out of the race,’ I’d get out of the race. The Lord Almighty’s not coming down,” he stated.

Facing voter concerns at a Wisconsin rally where a sign reading “Pass the torch, Joe” was briefly visible, Biden responded energetically, promising to “beat Trump again in 2020” before correcting himself to “2024.” Addressing criticisms about his age, he highlighted his accomplishments, including job creation, healthcare, and judicial appointments.

Unwavering in his stance, Biden concluded his rally with Tom Petty’s “I Won’t Back Down,” reinforcing his determination to continue his campaign and face Trump once again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Big Brother Fans Speculate on AJ Odudu's Mic Blunder Reaction to Trish's Eviction

Characters In BBC’s Documentary On TB Joshua Unknown To Us – Synagogue Church

NBA Suspends Canada’s Joshua Primo For 4 Games For Exposing Himself To Women