JAY Z: RAPPER'S MOTHER DIDN'T APPROVE OF ''SMILE'' ANNOUNCING HER SEXUALITY






NoireTv Africa  
If you live in the USA, NoireTV now showing nationwide on Verizon Fios on channel 269. Press 269 on your remote control. NoireTV now on Verizon Fios Channel 269. Press 269 on your remote control. Follow us on Instagram @noiretvafrica and on Facebook ... www.facebook.com/caspennoire



In an interview with Elliott Wilson and B. Dot of the Rap Radar Podcast earlier this month, rapper Jay Z opened up about his family and the situation with his mother Gloria Carter.
The Hip Hop mogul confessed he didn’t exactly have her blessing for the song “Smile,” the 4:44 track that divulges she’s a lesbian.
“We just had a beautiful conversation and it led to me making the song, and I didn’t have permission to make the song,” JAY admitted. “When she first heard the song, she was like, ‘Absolutely not,’ and I was like, ‘Man, this is so important.’ So many people in the world hiding and things like this and this will help you … That’s how we spoke about that song. I was just so happy at the person she become … It’s one of my proudest songs.”
JAY also discussed how much he admires his mother, who he equates to the late poet and civil rights activist Maya Angelou.
“It’s a beautiful story,” he said. “I was just so proud. I’ve always had love for my mother. I always looked up to her. Man, she’s so fucking dope. My mom has been dope her whole life. She’s just a dope person. Listen to her, she sounds like Maya Angelou. Her pacing, her voice is just so regal. She’s a speaker. Our relationship developed to another level as I started getting to know myself.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Big Brother Fans Speculate on AJ Odudu's Mic Blunder Reaction to Trish's Eviction

Characters In BBC’s Documentary On TB Joshua Unknown To Us – Synagogue Church

NBA Suspends Canada’s Joshua Primo For 4 Games For Exposing Himself To Women