'I Can Retire Now!' Adele Roberts Breaks World Record Time For Completing The London Marathon With A Stoma Bag After Bowel Cancer Battle

Incredible: The TV personality, 44, took on the race 10 months after getting the all-clear from bowel cancer and completed it in 3 hours, 30 minutes and 22 seconds

Adele Roberts broke the world record time for completing the London marathon with a stoma bag on Sunday.

The TV personality, 44, took on the race 10 months after getting the all-clear from bowel cancer and finished it in 3 hours, 30 minutes and 22 seconds.

BBC presenter Gabby Logan broke the news of her time to her live on BBC and she looked delighted as she got it.

After she proudly said: 'I can retire now, I'm finished!

'In training I only went 21 miles so I didn't know if I could finish it with the stoma. I'm over the moon.'

Happy: After she proudly said:' I can retire now, i'm finished! In training i only went 21 miles ao i didn't know if i could finish it with the stoma. I'm over the moon'

Asked if she would ever do another one she joked that she would simply watched Audrey - her stoma bag - do it on her own.

Adele was diagnosed with stage two bowel cancer in October 2021 and received the all clear from doctors last June.

It comes after Adele said receiving early treatment for bowel cancer 'saved her life'.

She has leant her support to a new campaign to raise awareness about the symptoms of the condition.

The former Big Brother star, who has documented her treatment on social media, told how she was 'embarrassed' to contact her doctor when she first noticed her symptoms.

She said: 'It took me a while to pluck up the courage to call my GP at first. My symptoms seemed like things I could explain away. I didn't want to be a burden to the NHS and I was embarrassed. I shouldn't have worried.

'My GP took my concerns seriously, put me at ease and also offered me a home-testing kit. This meant I was able to do the test in the comfort of my own home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Big Brother Fans Speculate on AJ Odudu's Mic Blunder Reaction to Trish's Eviction

Characters In BBC’s Documentary On TB Joshua Unknown To Us – Synagogue Church

NBA Suspends Canada’s Joshua Primo For 4 Games For Exposing Himself To Women